oval56
  • oval56
  • pre67vw Junkie Topic Starter
13 years ago
hi enthusiasts, first, i know that i should not use my car at wet & salted roads, but i had really taken care of that i do not get real problems after that tour :beer: .

what was my dream: as long as i'm into vw's i was thinking about to go with one of my cars on a tour right trough the alpes when snow was everywhere but not on the streets and also the weather had to be perfect.:shock:
but i never did this with one of my restored cars, because i hate salt and stonechips on winterstreets on my cars.... but this year i couldn't resist.:lol: :idea:

so after some spontaneous plans for some choosen weekends, the weather was not perfect enough. rain or to cloudy was not the first choice...... but hell yes, this weekend was perfect so i prepared my heb :!: for some winter action :shock: :lol:

one of the big problems are that the most alpine passes are close their streets from october to may.

the tour route starts from munich to garmisch to brennero to klausen (süd tirol) to the dolomites (all on one day!).

the alpine passes:
Grödner Joch (2121m)
Passo Campolongo (1875m)
Passo Di Falzarego (2105m)
Passo Valparola (2192m)
Passo Pordoi (2239m)
Sella Joch (2240m)

to get a line under that text, yes, perfect weather (cold but much sun), perfect streets, no traffic (starting holidays) and an amazing view and silence... and last but not least a perfect co pilot (my dad) and a top running heb:d :wink:

we started at 6.00 in the morning and we came back at six in teh evening, 700km between start and stop, 100 pictures, 8 apine passes (200km) and 450 autobahn

the tour:
UserPostedImage

first picture near to garmisch (100km of munich, see that light when the sun rises int he morning...:shock:

UserPostedImage

3 hours later: the view i want to catch with my old volkswagen...

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

& yes TOOOOP DOWN @ minus degrees:!:

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

highest points of all alpine passes 2239 & 2240m
UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

and now all the way back to süd tirol.....

UserPostedImage

heb washed, dried and ready for the next stupit ideas with his owner :lol: :idea:

UserPostedImage
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
Sponsor
Log-in to remove these ads
pre67vw
13 years ago
awesome! So nice to see a car actually being used... some cool wallpaper photos there as well!!

Thanks for posting!! :beer:
Rob Amos
Happiness is a stock VW
RockStock
13 years ago
very cool. can i come on the next one
StockRocks
usariemen
13 years ago
Such a trip makes jealous anyway.
Even much more with a Heb.
Thank god I have one, so in the future when it drives again I´ll can do the same.
Great to see yours is really used for fun and not just trailered to meets two times
per year.
Master of my domaine.
Rich Oakley
13 years ago
Cool car!
Cool trip!
Cool pictures!
Cool beard!
47 Beetle, 56 UK Karmann Cabriolet, 56 UK Beetle, 57 UK Type 2, 59 UK Beetle, 66 UK Fastback.
55Kab
13 years ago
Yep, fantastic Andi. Reckon you put more miles on the car in the last year than she's seen in the last 20!

JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago
Those are some great pictures.
Doing things like this is exactly why I´m putting a big motor in my car.

"John, you need to get a grip and STOP MOANING AT EVERYTHING. ThumbDown "
UserPostedImage
GKL 7
13 years ago

I´m putting a big motor in my car.

JD wrote:

Mmmm!!!Always did wonder about you James:wink:
oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago
thanks for the positive words..... and yes martin, in this season i put nearly 10000km on it... and every km was a pleasure :lol: to drive...

will definitly do a second round, but in spring next year on some other alpine passes...:beer:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

Mmmm!!!Always did wonder about you James:wink:

'50 Karmann wrote:

Don´t fret George - it´s still a 30horser. (Well the case is...)
I´ll put some pics up if we ever get it running.
UserPostedImage
JD
  • JD
  • pre67vw Junkie
13 years ago

will definitly do a second round, but in spring next year on some other alpine passes...:beer:

oval56 wrote:

Want some company?

UserPostedImage
oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago

Want some company?

JD wrote:

no problem, but it will take place spontaneous, depending on the weather next year...
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany
brille52
13 years ago
WoW ! Great trip !!

And it all looks very familiar to me - these passes are only half an hour away from my hometown ! :wink:
Hey - if you get cought by " Fernweh " (wanderlust) the next time and you choose again the surroundings of South Tirol,to get healed from it, just let me know - my car is always ready !!

Drive safe and Ciao !

a8)  First snow.jpg You have insufficient rights to see the content.
oval56
  • oval56
13 years ago

WoW ! Great trip !!

And it all looks very familiar to me - these passes are only half an hour away from my hometown ! :wink:
Hey - if you get cought by " Fernweh " (wanderlust) the next time and you choose again the surroundings of South Tirol,to get healed from it, just let me know - my car is always ready !!

Drive safe and Ciao !

a8)

brille52 wrote:

that was what i have forgotten :oops: taht you live near to it...... if i had it kept in mind, i had contacted you before... shit... but next time, no problem, will do it for sure again... :beer: :wink:
www.oval56.de
www.oval56.com

DBK Germany